Home Cooked Scottish Dinners
"Where food comes naturally"
If you are limited in time but would like to experience some real Scottish hospitality why not have a home-cooked dinner in a Scottish home!
Enjoy a four course traditional meal featuring tender, succulent Galloway beef or lamb and fresh vegetables. Taste haggis and Scottish smoked salmon. Enjoy delicious Scottish desserts with berries, laced with Drambuie, the famous Scottish liqueur, the recipe for which was left by Bonnie Prince Charlie after the Battle of Culloden in 1745. Round off your meal with coffee/tea Scottish cheeses and tablet with a "dram". You will have a pre-dinner drink and a glass of wine during the meal. Guests may bring their own wine if they wish to drink more.
Dinner parties should have a minimum of two people.
- Share a delicious, home-cooked "Scottish" dinner
- Enjoy pleasant conversation
- Enjoy the warm, friendly hospitality of your hosts
- Be collected from and driven back to your local accommodation if required.
During your meal we shall tell you about Dumfries and Galloway and make suggestions to enhance your trip to our region. The meal will be £50.00 per head and this includes transport to and from your accomodation. However, if you are staying more than 10 miles from the venue there will be a small charge.
Scottish Home-Cooked Meals
Guests will be picked up from their accommodation at 7.00pm. They will have a small glass of wine or a beer as a pre-dinner drink. Dinner will be served at 7.30pm.
Guests will help themselves to a “taster platter” which includes :-
- Smoked Salmon Slices with a Horseradish and Mayonnaise Cream,
- Smoked Salmon Mousse and Oatcakes
- Haggis Stacks with Whisky Sauce.
- There will be a vegetarian option.
- Galloway Beef
- New Potatoes, marinated carrots and green beans.
- Clapshot (mashed potatoes, cabbage and onions)
- Red Wine and Red Currant Gravy
- There will be a vegetarian option
- Iced Cranachan on a Meringue Nest
- Mixed Berries (optional - laced with Drambuie)
- Home Made Ice Cream
- Scottish Cheeses
Coffee/Tea and Tablet and a Dram to finish your meal.
A glass of wine will be served during the meal. Guests may bring their own wine if they wish. During the meal we will be happy to suggest activities and places of interest to visit in Dumfries and Galloway. As well as good home-cooked food we hope to give our guests a truly Scottish experience.
Haggis - Scotland’s national dish
Tatties - potatoes
Neeps - turnips (or swedes in England)
Dram - small glass of whisky
Tablet - a Scottish sweet delicacy